Thursday, March 23, 2006

First Post... What Am I Doing?!?!?

Ok, here I go... My mind keeps wandering and I can't seem to figure out where to start. I guess I'll just lay out some info and then get to posting stuff about one of my favorite pastimes - gardening.

I'm very familiar with the internet and computers in general, but this is my first attempt at a blog. I have known about blogs for a few years now; however, I always thought they were well, kind of lame. I'm not really sure why... I guess I figured if someone really wanted to post something online, they could go to forums or newsgroups and do it - or even just write their own little webpage. Now here I am. Writing my own blog.

You'll find that I have a real interest in gardening, but I admit that I am still learning and am nowhere near being an expert. Well, I might be an expert at lawnmowing because I always had to do that at our house when I was a kid. I've also picked up alot of skillz in pruning, specifically rose bushes. So to make up for my lack of expertise (or just plain desire to write), I'm going to be posting alot of writings/articles/thoughts by other gardeners. Usually I'll select something that really taught me some solid information or skill, or something that I am familiar with, but thought that they wrote it out better than I could [or once again, just had more desire to write it :-) ].

You'll also find that my writing style varies greatly. I have been taught to write formally, and I do that very well... but let's face it, this is a blog, formal can go out the window (but you'll still see me drift into formality every so often). Otherwise, I'm from California, so I may use words or phrases that are only known here... and I won't even know that nobody else has a clue about which I am speaking (see, notice the drift into formal on the last part of the sentence...). If you've got a question or comment, feel free to post or email me, I'd be thrilled to hear from you.

I guess this is where I jump off the pool edge and swim out to deep waters - it's time to start on my blog. I hope you enjoy it and get something out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home